Cochins and ??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Gttteacher, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Gttteacher

Gttteacher Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2014
    The two laced cochins (at least I'm calling them laced even though the lacing seems reversed. they have white or gold fringes instead of black.) are from a golden laced cochin and either a solid black rooster or a Columbian rooster. The buff colored pullet is ??? She is feathered like a cochin, has tufts like an americauna and five toes. (not sure of parents, I bought eggs--was told they were cochin)
    Can someone help me understand what I've got. What causes the lacing fringed in white not black--how can I continue to get the colors??? breed to black??? I like them.
    [​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The buff bird is a mixed breed, probably with Faverolle.

3. Gttteacher

Gttteacher Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2014
    thanks--are the cochins considered laced or is there some other term since the lacing is not black outlined.

4. Sunshine0235

Sunshine0235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Lebanon Ohio
    I think that is similar to being penciled.

The white one is likely a partridge crossed with a white columbian(or might just be called silver penciled, but the patterned isnt very clean, and looks to have a different pattern around the neck like a columbian), not sure on the other, maybe a buff crossed with a partridge?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

6. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I'd call them penciled as well. The buff bird looks like my Cochin/EE or Silkie/EE mixes [​IMG] Here's one thats kind of similar to yours:
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by