cochins genetics

ameraucanacrazy

Songster
10 Years
Feb 11, 2009
macon,ga
i am getting standared sized cochins and i wanted to know want colors i would get if i crossed some of them

Blue male X partridge hen

blue male X white hen

barred male X blue hen

barred male X buff hen

Blue male X buff hen

thanks

Last edited:
Barred male on blue hen will give half black Barred and half blue barred chicks

Barred male on buff female should give chicks ranging from black barred to some with buff coming through giving some areas that are similar to the crele color.

Blue male on Buff hen should give a blue and black birds with buff leakage and the buff sould increase as the bird ages

I'm not sure what kind of white the white cochins have but I would think you would get solid blues and blacks with that cross,

And the blue x partridge I would think would be a blue bird with red/gold leakage, if you keep breeding back to partridge, you should eventally get blue partridge.

i am also getting red, gold laced, and silver laced cochin hens so any idea of what they would give me with the barred male and the blue male

Quote:
Anything bred to a Barred roo with give barred chicks in the first generation.

The Barred with the Red hen will be about the same thing I said about with the buffs, just with red istead of buff.

The Barred with the laced cochins sould be about the same, Barred with leakage with the golden laced hens and with the silver laced hens, that should give black Barred birds, some may have some incomplete lacing.

Any of those with the blue should give a mostly blue bird with leakage.

Back
Top Bottom