1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

cochins have Diarrhea....help!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chicken head34, Jul 13, 2010.

1. chicken head34

chicken head34 Songster

May 29, 2010
    middleburg
    my bantam cochins have diarrhea, its light brown in color...I feed them chick starter, there 10 weeks old. Is it what im feeding them? they dont act different.

2. DTRM30

DTRM30 Songster

May 25, 2009
    http://chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

May
    be nothing to worry about - the range of "normal" is huge. Check out the link above - it has lots of photos of "normal" poo
    [​IMG]

If it has blood in it - then they may have cocci - though cocci doesn't always present as bloody poops. Are they acting normally ? eating and drinking well ? Any runny eyes or noses ?

Could also be - if it's hot out and they're drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated - they'll have runnier poop - kinda like when people drink a lot and then have to pee a lot .... chickens' pee and poop is all one and the same. They don't really pee -

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  3. chicken head34

chicken head34 Songster

May 29, 2010
    middleburg
    they do drink alot, and it is hot! i guess thats it! thanx for the help! there acting completly normal....thanx!!![​IMG]

4. chicken head34

chicken head34 Songster

May 29, 2010
    middleburg
    they do drink alot, and it is hot! i guess thats it! thanx for the help! there acting completly normal....thanx!!![​IMG]

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I agree with DTRM-mine have been drinking a LOT of water in the heat and it seems to be making looser poo than normal.
    Unless something else comes up that makes you think there is something wrong-don't worry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: