Cochins?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hatykuber, Jan 1, 2017.

1. hatykuber

hatykuber Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2017
    I'm new here and this is my first post, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I have 3 seven week old chicks that I bought from Atwoods at a day or two old. They are my first chickens and the man helping me was unable to tell me the breed. I'm pretty sure I've got two Cochins, one male one female, and one Rhode Island Red maybe? I don't know much about chickens, but I'm sure enjoying these funny little creatures! Just hoping someone can help me out on their breeds, and what their colors are called. I also have no idea what 'bantam' means. Any help is very appreciated! Thank you! [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. hatykuber

Jan 1, 2017
    [​IMG]

3. hatykuber

Jan 1, 2017
    [​IMG]

4. hatykuber

Jan 1, 2017
    [​IMG]

5. hatykuber

Jan 1, 2017
    Also, how I delete posts? All those pictures uploaded twice. Sorry!

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    It does appear that you have one hatchery Rhode Island Red and two Cochins. All three are cockerels (too much comb development/redness for pullets of this age). Bantam means chickens that are generally 1/5 to 1/4 the size of normal large-fowl. Many bantams have large fowl counterparts: for example, there is a large fowl Cochin and a smaller, bantam Cochin. However, some bantams are true bantams, which means they have no larger counterpart. Examples of true bantams include Japanese, Dutch, Serama, and Silkie.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    all cockerels - sorry

8. ChickenGrass

ChickenGrass Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    All young roosters
    Sorry about that :hugs

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017