Cock-a-Doodle-Doo from Arizona!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RanchoDelPolloLoco, Aug 2, 2011.

1. RanchoDelPolloLoco

RanchoDelPolloLoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Hi guys, I have been lurking for a while, researching information for my new chicks. Now I have a 'teeny tiny' bit of knowledge I thought I would join so I could learn more, help others, and share some experiences. I currently have 2 RIR's, 2 White Cochins (1 Roo), 2 Buff Silkies (1 Roo), 2 White Silkies, 1 Barred Rock and 1 Easter Egger. I have a few more on order and a slight addiction! [​IMG] Waiting for my hen's to lay their first eggs, the oldest are almost 4 months now.

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] from WA. glad you joined!!

3. WendyGrama

WendyGrama Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2011
    Cottonwood, Arizona
    Welcome Aboard [​IMG] Where from in AZ? I am in N AZ with 2 Welsummer Hens and a Roo, 1 wee Seabright pair ( I call them my teacup chickens and am threatening to get me a chicken/chihuahus bag to carry them around in) 2 Buff Brahma Banty' named Peaches & Cream, the Golden Wyandotte sisters Diva & Darlin, Rowen (little red head) and Aleda (white feathered) EE. That makes 11 right.

They just got moved out into a temp hen house in a big safe pen... and are loving it. Though tonight I had to use my infra red miner's light to get them back in their wee hen house for the night!

I had to put a tarp over 1/3 of the new pen and two good sized pallets down so they would have some dry ground during our monsoon season. Never again, the chicks before the coop/run...[​IMG]

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. RanchoDelPolloLoco

RanchoDelPolloLoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Thank you both so much! I just left my home and 'HOA' in Chandler to have some land (and freedom) in Queen Creek. I am out by San Tan State Park, by the mountains, and I love it. Haha, yes I agree... I got carried away at first and was a little unorganized - the chicks grew so FAST! My husband and I built a large coop and are now working on the run, unfortunately it's August and working outside in 110deg is no fun! [​IMG]

6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

7. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

8. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Hello Rancho! Welcome to BackYardChickens.

I cant imagine trying to build a run in that kind of hot weather. Heck, I cant even imagine sitting in the shade with a lemonade in that hot weather. Whoa!

Chel

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hi and welcome to BYC! Good luck with your upcoming order! I wish I had some coming, but dh wouldn't appreciate it.[​IMG]. We are still waiting for our first egg too. My oldest 3 chicks are 21 weeks old today. They better lay soon, or I will explode.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by