Cock-a-doodle-Re-home

Jessezgirl96

Chirping
Mar 23, 2018
926EAB53-C82E-4AAE-96E3-7BD5DC1A87A0.jpeg
Well... I sadly I have to officially report that we have / are finding our rooster voices - confirming their gender.
(we cannot keep roosters in the city) what is the best way to re-home before taking matters into my own hands. I have 6 chickens and we sadly have confirmed 4/6 to be roosters but think it’s more likely 5/6
They have been really feeling themselves the last few days and showing off their individual special new call/ trick. It’s becoming a competition.
HELP

There is a Buy/Sell/Trade forum here on BYC where you can list them. Make sure to include your location. You could also advertise them on your local Craigslist. Free roos usually mean dinner but if you are against that maybe try asking a little money for them. You never know who may need a new rooster for their flock! Good luck!

Might try your state chat thread here on BYC:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-let-me-know-your-out-there.12049/page-1236

Also local poultry groups on Facebook, if you do that.
I lucked out last week had three 12 week olds I had crated to give the flock a break.
Took pics and posted they were all gone in an hour and I had 10 bucks in my pocket
Have six more 8 week olds tuning up put there, doubt my luck will repeat so the freezer it is.

Back
Top Bottom