cockatiel has stopped hissing

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Wyo Chick, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Wyo Chick

Wyo Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, our new cockatiel has stopped hissing when we go near her cage! Thank you for the great advice. It seems like no matter how many animals you have there is always something to learn about bringing a new one into your home. We placed the bird cage next to the computer in the dining room. She seems to really like being near everyone. She has caught on fast to squaking with the dogs when we come in the door!! I love animals.

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] most pets seem to do well when they can bond in with the family and get to see people often.
    Thats the reason we keep our dog inside, she's part of our family and we treat her as such. She sleeps in our room and has really bonded well - she thinks she's our child. [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    cockatiels are very smart! they are actually in the cockatoo family...they need alot of attention like the cockatoos....and will really will bond with you!..just keep working with her...i have a 'tiel that i hand fed...love him to pieces! [​IMG]

4. CochinLover

CochinLover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    Oxnard,CA
    Im glad ur cockatiel is starting to enjoy itself with u. Now that is next to the computer enjoy all the sounds it will make of the keys and the beeps from the cmoputer it will imitate. Dusty was in the living room next to the kitchen and imitated the sound of the microwave. He is a white faced cockatiel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by