Cockatiel Talks to His Water

Milk Glass Chicky

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 12, 2011
My lutino cockatiel likes to 'talk' to his water. He makes sounds as if he's 'laughing' at it, chattering to it even as he's drinking it! Especially when it's fresh or fresh millet has ended up in it.
tongue.png

I'll have to provide a video sometime, I don't have one of him doing it yet. Usually when he does it I go to grab just the iphone right quick and he'll stop.
roll.png

Anybody else's birds do this? It's so amusing every time.

Last edited:
How cute! My cockatiel loves to stick his head deep into his feed dish and sing really loud. I think he likes to hear the reverberation in his ears. The further his head is down in, the louder he gets.
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif
Lol That's another thing, my cockatiel likes to sing when he gets in his food bowl too, and 'laugh'. Or right after he gets through eating, he'll regale me with song.
celebrate.gif

My boy will imitate you coughing all the time! If he hears someone hacking away, he starts in with his "coughing". Folks think I need to take him to a vet or something, but he is only playing around.
lol.png

Our cockatiel imitates coughing, too! When we first got him about a year or so ago we all got sick right after, and about a month later he started up with this obnoxious sound; it wasn't until we were sick months later that we figured out what that sound actually was. He imitates me coughing, and my mom blowing her nose.

Our cockatiel will sing to any piece of fabric you put in front of him. If you shake it up and down he spreads his wings out real broad and sings away!

Our cockatiel imitates coughing, too! When we first got him about a year or so ago we all got sick right after, and about a month later he started up with this obnoxious sound; it wasn't until we were sick months later that we figured out what that sound actually was. He imitates me coughing, and my mom blowing her nose.

Our cockatiel will sing to any piece of fabric you put in front of him. If you shake it up and down he spreads his wings out real broad and sings away!

lol.png
Lol, parrots and their bizarre, amusing antics. What in the world goes through their little minds?

Just love the "imitating of blowing your nose"!!
gig.gif
I would love to hear my boy do that along with his coughing imitation. How cute!!

Back
Top Bottom