1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

cockatiel tolerating winter temperatures...

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by pattiey, Feb 15, 2015.

1. pattiey

pattiey New Egg

Feb 15, 2015
    my cockatiel excaped in Feb... now it has turned to almost 0 degrees at night... I am wondering if he will survive this... and the best way to get him back home??? It has been a week... now we are getting 6 inches of snow.

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    FIRST THE POSITIVE......
    [​IMG]

Now for the realistic [​IMG]. I have never heard of anyone ever get their escaped house bird back. That does not mean that it never happened in this GREAT WORLD OF OURS . The math statistics is not in your favor. ;( Of course I'm SAD FOR YOU.

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Was he inside?If so,he will not survive for long outside.Someone may find him/her on their window sill or at their bird feeder if he/she makes it.I raise mine outside year round so they do climatize to your weather,but have to be out when the temps change to climatize.
    In N.H.,Tony.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by