Cockatiels will not eat fruit or vegies since cagemate Sun Conure passed away

Honey Maid

Songster
5 Years
Jan 11, 2015
State of Jefferson
I have 2 cockatiels, and had one Sun Conure. The Cockatiels are now about 16 years old. The Sun Conure was about 6 months older than the Cockatiels. They lived in the same big flight cage together. Everyone loved spinach, broccoli, apples, oranges, asparagus, celery, etc......
The Conure passed away about 2 years ago. Since his passing the cockatiels have no interest in any fresh fruits or vegies, when I hang them in their cage, the food just sits there, they won't eat it.

The cockatiels were very young when I got them, whatever the age is that they can go to a home, and I got the Conure shortly after from the same person I got the Cockatiels from, a breeder.

They will eat their Zupreem Fruit mix and that's it. I tried a 'Treat' Zupreem with buckwheat, dried apples, and other grains, it also has some Zupreem Fruit mix in it. All they would eat out of that was the fruit mix, just like their regular food.

Any ideas?

The more boisterous conure probably encouraged the more meek cockatiel to eat. I don't think at this point you are gonna convince them to go back to their old ways. Have you tried chopping them up small and offering them in the food bowl they normally eat out of?

Back
Top Bottom