Cocke County TN Poultry SHow Nov 8

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by wegotchickens, Nov 5, 2008.

1. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Anyone going?

Anyone entering their birds?

There will be birds for sale there. The show is for Standard and bantam poultry breeds. Judging starts at 9am on the 8th.

It's at the Cocke County A&I Fairgrounds in Newport.
    From Knoxville take I-40 eastbound to Exit 432 in Newport, turn left on Hwy25/70.
    There are 2 driveways, so if you miss the first, the second id just past the fairground's sign.

2. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
  3. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I will be there, and will take the camera. Was hoping to run into other BYC fans while I'm there [​IMG]

I may have my banties in the show. I'm not sure if my registration form arrived in time. Will call later this afternoon and check on that.

I was on East TN chicken group through Yahoo for a while, but then I stopped getting e-mails [​IMG]
    Will the West TN group have participators/ events in this area?

4. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I guess no one is planning on going to this show?

5. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I was hoping to go, but a sick dog is keeping me home. The fact that I already have waaaaaaaaaaay too many birds has nothing to do with it. [​IMG]

6. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:If you ever need a home for your d'Uccles let me know. Can't take a rooster but I have room for a few more pullets. I'm in love with those little featherfeet!

7. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    That is not entirely out of the realm of possibility. I am enjoying them right now, but I really do have too many birds!

8. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:You have a lot of varieties, too.
    If you ever decide to thin the flock send me a pM and let me know what you have and what you want for them.

In the meantimes, I'm going to go to the show and drool over all the pretty birdies [​IMG]

9. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    If I did get rid of anything, it would be the bantam penciled rocks first, then the leghorns, then the d'Uccles, then the bantam Ameraucanas/EEs. I may get to that point in the spring, especially since I really do want to breed my araucanas. But not yet!

10. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Probably just as well you aren't in any hurry. I forgot you weren't in Knoxville any more!!

Guess I won't see anyone from BYC at the poultry show. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by