cockerel bites my pant leg

Jennyhaschicks

Songster
11 Years
May 3, 2008
Maine
I have a Bo cockerel who will be five months old in a couple of weeks. At first I thought he didn't like my pink pants when he first started doing it. When I first go into the chicken house he will go over and peck my pant leg and grab onto it. He has been doing this for 3 days in a row.
Is he starting to be aggressive towards me? If he is then has nominated himself to be the first to go out of my 2 (maybe 3) BO cockerels.

Take a fly swat with you the next time and let him know you are the top dog....uh (chicken)
smile.png

Last edited:
I thought he would get the hint the other day when I pushed him across the chicken house rather swiftly with my hands.
big_smile.png

The other day I could have sworn he was doing a dance for me. I didn't know if he was trying to scare me or wanted my pant leg for a mate.
gig.gif

He has me confused.

First thing to do when a roo starts to show he thinks he is boss is to pick him up and carry him around when you do chicken chores or outside chores that can be done while holding him. You are letting him know that you are the alpha and his life depends on you. Do this for a week or two. I had a roo this last year that was good with me but no one else. He would go after everyone else. I would even have people kick him in the head or chest & he still continued to go after them until I got between them. He would stop when he saw me. But it just got worse so................ off with his head ......... he is now in the freezer for the soup pot!!
th.gif
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
That's what I have done today with him. This method worked with my "mean" WL cockerel. He's been gone for a couple of weeks now, but he only liked my dd and me. He was really sweet to me though. He knew I was the chief around this neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom