Cockerel or pullet? Help! haha

Goosechuck

In the Brooder
Jul 4, 2019
I cant figure out if this little Icey is a cockerel or a pullet. Help! haha! He/she is Obi Won Henobi's half sibling, they are almost six weeks old. I feel like cockerel. I also feel like three out of the four are cockerels.

:hmm :rolleyes: :p

Attachments

• ckrl_pullet (1).JPG
    ckrl_pullet (1).JPG
    620.7 KB · Views: 20
  • ckrl_pullet (2).JPG
    ckrl_pullet (2).JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I'll admit, I don't know much about the Icelandic breed, but it's looking like a pullet to me. You could post update pictures in a few weeks, though, just to be sure.
I think the other two I have are cockerels for sure. I really want this one to be pullet, but I jump back and forth on it. She/he may feather out to speckled or mille fleur or whatever that cool colour is called and she/he has almost olive legs. I am hoping she is a she, and not a he! The other two are more "manly" looking with bigger combs and wider beaks, they are already starting to have " I am too cool for school" moments already as well. :cool: haha I will post more pics in a couple/few weeks. :)

Last edited:
Cockerel. Even in the red light you can see how big his comb is, even Leghorn pullets don’t get huge combs until they’re laying.
I think this one is confusing me, because his/her comb is much smaller than the other two cockerels, yet it is bigger than Obi Won Henobi's (I will attach her pics) I have felt since they hatched, that I had three cockerels and one pullet. But, just secretly hoped this one may be a pullet haha. Thank you for your insight :)

Attachments

• henobi (2).JPG
    henobi (2).JPG
    858.1 KB · Views: 16
  • henobi (1).JPG
    henobi (1).JPG
    459.8 KB · Views: 14
  • henobi (3).JPG
    henobi (3).JPG
    458 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom