Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Pullet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

D-nyx

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2018
Hey guys. Boy or girl?
Last weekend, I picked up what I was told was a 6-7 week old F1 Olive Egger (& a French Cuccoo Marans pullet!) The hen was a Welsummer and the Rooster was a Cream Legbar. It was the last and only one left at the farm, so I had nothing to compare it to in order to judge boy/girl. I would like to add an Olive Egg to my basket with the chocolate Marans egg. Laying now I have an Easter Egger, a Cream Legbar, a black Jersey Giant, and a Brown Leghorn.
I hope the olive egger is a pullet.
What do you think? Boy or girl?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    326.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    359.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    571.4 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    637.5 KB · Views: 40
I'm not sure my neighbors will be thrilled if it is a cockerel, but I guess I could still get olive eggs if I crossed it with the Marans. My daughter, who loves Greek mythology, calls it Olive Athena & named the Marans "Calypso" but if the OE is a boy I want to call him "Popeye."

French Cuccoo Marans and Olive Egger.
You can see in this picture the comparison of a cockerel and pullet.
The cockerel, OE, has a much larger comb than the cuckoo Marans pullet.

You can see in this picture the comparison of a cockerel and pullet.
The cockerel, OE, has a much larger comb than the cuckoo Marans pullet.
Very true. I noticed the OE had a bigger/taller comb than the Marans when we were at the farm. I was hoping because the comb is fleshy pink colored (the same tone as my Cream legbar hen) instead of reddish that maybe it had a chance of being a pullet. I have read that the color can be an indicator. .(...Yet.... my black New Jersey Giant has a bright red comb.) Time will probably tell that you are right though. Although I am a bit worried.....
Things will get interesting around here if I have a rooster crowing. My annoying neighbor across the street repeatedly calls the cops on the guy next to him when his dog barks..... Ughhh.

Back
Top Bottom