Cockerels or pullets?

aurinia

Chirping
Apr 25, 2015
Upstate NY
Looking for opinions...out of 6 EE's (all supposedly pullets) I'm starting to wonder about 3 of them. One (the barred chick) may not even be an EE, just a straight up mix (which is fine with me). All are between 4-5 weeks old. I also have a 2 1/2 week old SF that I am hoping is a pullet but was sold straight run so not sure, really.

Chick 1: Mother is (I'm guessing) a BR, unknown father (egg came from a friends neighbor who has a BO roo, a GLW roo and an old Phoenix-cross roo. May be others I don't know about). S/he started developing a comb at 2 weeks that is now turning quite pink, big thick legs, just now sprouting tail feathers. Pretty cool personality, loves just hanging out on your knee.

Chick 2: Unsure what kind of mix; possibly part Wyandotte bcz she has a rose comb rather than a pea comb, which in the last few days has turned very pink. Also has little wattles starting.

Chick 3: EE, unsure of exact mix. I have 2 that are identical, except this one is growing a pea comb already (not pink yet, but it's there). Both have big, thick legs but they are the 2 biggest in the bunch...sorry, couldn't get a great pic of this one. It's the one standing on my leg in the first pic. 2nd pic was @ 2 1/2 weeks.

And last, my little salmon Faverolles.

Top Bottom