Cockerels: Wheaten Maran, Delaware, Egyptian Fayoumi, Exchequer Leghorn, Cochin, Easter Egger - OHIO

lovinchicks

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 12, 2012
I have Three Wheaten maran cockerels for sale. All three have different looks but are all Wheaten marans purchased from Sand Hill Preservation as unsexed chicks. I have one Delaware, one Egyptian Fayoumi, one Exchequer Leghorn, three Easter Eggers, and one each of the Cochins cockerels for sale. All the birds are from Sand Hill Preservation except the Easter Eggers. I am asking $10 each and I am located in Medina, Ohio.

Hatch Dates:
May 13, 2012: Easter Egger
May 21, 2012: Marans, Delaware, Egyptian Fayoumi
June 4, 2012: Cochins, Leghorn

This is what is listed in thier catalog:

Wheaten Maran (CB): Typical wheaten color pattern. These are still showing some variability in the color pattern. Lay a deep, dark brown egg.

Delaware (AMB): They are a fast grower, lay huge brown eggs, have moderately large single comb with five well-defined points, white with gray/black cuckoo neck, tail and wing feathers. These were developed in 1940 from off-colored sports between Barred Rock male and New Hampshire female. They are an excellent choice for free-range broilers. Over the years, I've attempted to select for large-sized eggs. There appears to be a number of "Delawares" available from other sources that do not anywhere match the traits that we have found to be true for this breed. A "true" Delaware should not be a light weight, flighty bird. We are trying to select for the fastest growing and most productive hens, but with reasonable egg size.

Egyptian Fayoumis (MISC): Truly a unique breed as they mature very quickly. They are flighty and prefer to range over a large area. They have a moderately large single comb. Color is similar to a Campine only the barring is not as distinct and they are a silver color. Pale brown eggs. This breed is not as yet listed in the APA Standard.

Exchequer Leghorn (MB): Beautiful mottled pattern distinctive from Ancona in the large amounts of white. Rare in this country. Superb layers of large white eggs. Maintaining yellow legs is the biggest challenge. This breed is not yet listed in the APA Standard.

Black Cochin (ASB): One of the oldest varieties of Cochins. Very bulky. Coal black in color. Lay brown eggs and have a medium size single comb with five points.

Blue Cochin (ASB): Solid blue, (See Glossary on Poultry Catalog Page for "Blue Genetics" explanation.) Lay brown eggs and have a medium size single comb with five points.

Buff Cochin (ASB): Large size, gentle, soft buff color. Lay brown eggs and have a medium size single comb with five points.

The Easter Egger roosters are half Easter Egger and half Light Sussex.

Local pickup or could meet a short distance from Medina, Ohio.

Last edited:
We only have one. I think we might just keep him too, because he is great at watching the skies for hawks.

I ended up with a Fayoumis cockerel from the "Assorted Bantam" at TSC this time around. He's about 7 weeks old. I live in Northeast Texas. Would you be interested in him?

Back
Top Bottom