Cockrel or Pullet? Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by leela2012, Apr 16, 2012.

1. leela2012

leela2012 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2012
    San Jose
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Hi, this baby is about 4.5 weeks. I am not sure what breed he is, but based on his huge feet feathers and recent attitude, I am thinking he is a roo. He chases my hand when I am cleaning the food dishes, and jumps up my arm while Im in the brooder. He is not necessarily agressive to the other chicks, but I am wondering if he is roo just based on his HUGE feathers coming off his feet. He is def more "outgoing" than than the others....Can anyone tell what breed, and can you tell if this is a roo? I am thinking so... I also think he might be a Belgian Mille? He is a bantam, just not sure what kind.....help?

2. 3LilBirds

3LilBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aaaww looks like my Cinnamon, except Cinnamon is Frizzled. I hope someone knows what it is then I'll know what Cinnamon is. LOL

3. 3LilBirds

Also Cinnamon has bright orange feet and had a bigger pinker comb by 4.5 weeks... You're might be a pullet..

4. leela2012

Mar 29, 2012
    San Jose
    Does look a lot alike! I like yours, sooo cute!!

5. 3LilBirds

Yours* apparently I can't type today. LOL Thanks, you're is cute too and I've always wondered what Cinnamon would look like un-frizzled. LOL

1 person likes this.
  6. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Where did you get her? I think I see a beard/muffs and a single comb add that to the heavy leg feathering and I would have to say brown red D'Uccle pullet if it is a bantam, a Cochin mix pullet, if it is a large fowl. In both Cochins and D'Uccles the comb would be much more pronounced on a roo by now.

1 person likes this.
  7. leela2012

Mar 29, 2012
    San Jose
    I hope it is a pullet, we can't have roosters in our backyard. We can get huge fines..... I really love this little guy!

8. leela2012

Mar 29, 2012
    San Jose
    I got her from a lady in Mill Valley, and she said they weren't sure what it was...they did have bantam Mille's and this is the one I ended up with. The lady who sold it said she wasn't sure if it was a Mille though. So I took a chance. She got her chicks from a hatchery. It is a bantam for sure. I hope its a girl :) I love this chick!

9. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    LOL, some hatcheries sell D'Uccles as "Mille Fleurs" or "Porcelains" which are actually the most common colors of D'Uccles. It's possible that she is just a poorly colored mille fleur D'Uccle but I do know that a couple of hatcheries carry brown red D'Uccles. So I guess it would depend on which hatchery she got her birds from.

10. leela2012

Mar 29, 2012
    San Jose
    LOL, thanks.....maybe she is just a reject Mille! It's ok though, because she is the cutest one, with the best personality! I love her! Thanks for your advice!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by