'Cocopop' American Serama Hen~~13 ounces~~plus FREE rooster!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Up for bids is one 'cocopop' American Serama hen. Hatch date unknown; I purchased her from a breeder in FL fall of '10 as a hen. Currently she weighs between 13 and 14 ounces. I will be reweighing her (and all my serama) this weekend with a digital scale.

She has red earlobes and 'willow' legs.

DSC01314.jpg

DSC00936.jpg

Also available with her is your choice of one of these 4 males (choice will be determined by number-draw if more than one winner requests the same male):

Crele (22 ounces) and Birchen (28 ounces) hatched Jan. or Feb. '11. Crele male is perfect except for being overweight. Birchen has 'pink over yellow' legs, but otherwise has good type (besides being a fatty).
DSC01282.jpg

Mottled with leakage hatched 10-25-10 (last weight in Oct. '11 was 19.6 ounces). Male has red earlobes but a slightly long back.
DSC01319.jpg

Black with leakage hatched 10-25-10 (exact weight unknown until Saturday but he is approximately 19 ounces based on a not-so-good scale). Male has white in his earlobes and a slightly long back.
DSC01322.jpg

Shipping is based on your zip code plus $10 for the box. I only ship on Mondays and Tuesdays (preferably Tuesdays) to hopefully ensure live birds don't get stuck sitting somewhere over the weekend. Any questions please ask.

I can combine shipping on any of my listings, up to 3 boxes. Silkies are maximum of 2 birds per box, Serama are max of 3 birds per box.

These birds are worth more than the starting price listed. I need to move and would like these to go to good homes. Otherwise, I would not be selling. Thanks.

Last edited:
Quote:
Because apparently you didn't read the description. If I were to send this bird to OR or WA, it would probably cost at least $50. To save my own hide, I listed the shipping high but stated in each listing that "Shipping is based on your zip code plus $10 for the box." In other words, once whomever wins the bird, they send me their zip code and I will figure the shipping. I guess I should have left the shipping blank, but then I'd have had a lot of people thinking I would not ship at all. I quoted shipping on one of the hens just the other day for around $25.

Quote:
Because apparently you didn't read the description. If I were to send this bird to OR or WA, it would probably cost at least $50. To save my own hide, I listed the shipping high but stated in each listing that "Shipping is based on your zip code plus $10 for the box." In other words, once whomever wins the bird, they send me their zip code and I will figure the shipping. I guess I should have left the shipping blank, but then I'd have had a lot of people thinking I would not ship at all. I quoted shipping on one of the hens just the other day for around $25.

My apologies. I read through it too fast. Beautiful hen btw.

I have shipped two different boxes of Serama to Georgia. They were right at $40 for the actual shipping.

New boxes cost at least $10 and you also have to pay the shipping to get the boxes. So total of $60 is fair estimate and some could even be higher.

Shipping really does vary a lot with the distance shipped. I have shipped to MO or OK for $25 but if you add in a new box, that would be about $40 total.

Just adding some actual shipping prices for anyone interested.
Thanks, Ruth

Quote:
Thanks Ruth, the price I quoted was from KY to SC and that was for shipping only. So total with box to there is minimum $35.

Just to be fair since it seems most who have expressed a desire for a male want the crele, If more than one bidder requests the same male, I will have a number-draw to determine the winner. I will have an outside party choose a number of which I am not aware. The outside party will determine the winner of the male.

Back
Top Bottom