Cody is Home!

twentynine

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Okay a little update.

Cody spent most of the summer at the training barn. He came home several times, as the trainer made extended trips to horse shows and such.

While he was gone we took the opportunity to completely rebuild the barn, making it into a proper horse barn. Nice dry 15'X15' stalls, gates doors, fans, radio, new wiring, concrete--- the works.

Cody came home well trained, and because we spent time over there we got trained too. We'll never be horse experts, but we sure are better off than we were. Lunging--it's a breeze, Cody is actually teaching me. I get out of position, he will let me know. Bug spray--- we are able to give him the works. He still does not like it, but he stands still and tolerates the treatment. Water hose--- much the same as bug spray. Saddle it's a breeze. He takes a bit with no problem. And after I was trained not to be so forcefull he responds like a dream to me. No pressure, just think it, he does it.

One more bit of news.

We have another horse comming today. At the training stable, Cody's next stall over stable mate, was a rescue pony, that the stable is/was fostering. He and Cody were turned out together on occassion. The owner of the stable knowing we were looking to get another horse for Cody's pasture companion. She offered to bring "Ranger" over and let us either adopt/foster/try him out. If it turns out to be to much she will take him back. We have been over there, lunged, washed, bug sprayed, brushed him all with positive return. he is about 10-12 years old, stands about 6-8" shorter than Cody. His history is some what sketchy. Keep tied up on a lead rope, was not gelded until last year, and came to the stable in very bad general health (oct 09), underweight and several other problems. Since that time he has got in some training, been gelded, and fed good food, he has regained his health. He seems to be an easy keeper, calm, laid back, pony.

He should be here around 1PM.

That is GREAT news!!! I'm so happy Cody will have a pasture mate to spend the winter with.

How are Cody's hooves doing with the barefoot trims? Do you still have the great lady?

Updated pics would be wonderful to see.

Thank you so much for the update.

Back
Top Bottom