1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coffee Drinkers.........spill The Beans.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sir Birdaholic, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I [​IMG] LOVE [​IMG] my coffee. I was wondering what brand you drink, & what's your favorite kind? I drink KAUAI Hawaiian coffee. It's not as good as Kona (my favorite), but its not $18 a pound either. Sometimes I do have to splurge on the Kona though.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I love Kona. I have a friend who brings me a pound of the real stuff when she goes to visit her folk in Hawaii.

Otherwise, I like the different varieties that my Keurig affords me.

3. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Well, I "like" to get the flavored coffees in the small one pound packs (or less) at the grocery store. I like the Hazlenut & the French Vanilla, plus a few of the others. I also like a good Free Trade coffee. I prefer to grind my own beans.

Failing that, if I buy a major mass market brand, then I prefer Folgers. Lately, my wallet has been settling for Maxwell House, which is definitely not my favorite. However, it's had a few good sales & I stocked up. When coffee goes on sale, I buy six or eight big containers worth.

I am a big buyer of generic / store brands. Coffee, however, is not a product I can handle in store brand. The exception is for Sam's Club store brand, which is pretty good (but still more than I want to spend right now).

4. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    French roast or most any dark roast, except Starbuck's (tastes burnt) or Dunkin Donuts. Even like the Publix or WalMart store brands.

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Maxwell House "Wake Up" blend [​IMG]

6. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Anything that is in my cup, strong and black.

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Quote:You like it "too thick to swim in, but too thin to plow?" [​IMG]

8. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    I get Ibis, fair-trade organic coffee, grown by a woman's co-op in Africa. Roasted locally and ground at home, bought from my friends at Wicked-Brew for about $11/lb. I like the dark roasts. I used to spend $3 a day and wait in line for someone to make my coffee for me, so $11 a lb. is relatively cheap.
    "The best thing to put in your coffee is more coffee!"

9. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:You like it "too thick to swim in, but too thin to plow?" [​IMG]

I like's it like I like's me wimmin

Hot and bitter

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

You would think living here in Latte land, I'd be hooked on Starbucks, Venetos, or Seattle's Best, but "no". They are OK for an occasional Latte, but I like my Safeway brand French Roast. I drink 1 or 2 pots on my days off, brewed dark. At work it is Douwe Egberts. I'm infamous for drinking it till I'm shaking and can't hear well. [​IMG]

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by