COFFEE

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bamachicks8, Jan 10, 2013.

1. bamachicks8

bamachicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

So whats eveyone's favorite get up and go in the morning? i require two cups tassimo latte on the way to work then maxwell house till i get home then more latte's [​IMG]

2. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    My first cuppa at home is strong English style tea with a minute dash of milk. In hotels, I go for filter coffee instead because few people outside Britain seem to know how to make a good cup of tea.

During the morning at home I drink either cappuccino or Americano made in our espresso machine from freshly ground 100% Thai Arabusta beans.

I rarely drink coffee after midday these days because the caffeine kick sometimes keeps me awake.

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Depends on my mood and whatever K cups i have for my Keurig. I like flavored varieties

4. bamachicks8

Love the twinnings chai tea latte but my favorite tea in peppermint

5. thaiturkey

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    Twinings is OK but not the best for my taste.

My favourite brand is Yorkshire Tea. It make a good strong cup that kicks life into an early morning start. I can't get it here and have to settle for Tesco perfectly adequate own brand tea. The alternative here is the ubiquitous Liptons tea, Why do restaurants and hotels around the world assume that tea drinkers like that stuff?

Another favourite of mine is Jasmine Green Tea. I first tasted it in an Indonesian restaurant in Amsterdam and found it to be both refreshing and moreish.

6. bamachicks8

I thought I liked Lipton(I only drink regular sweet tea if nothing else is available) until I tried red diamond but the twinnings is available for my tassimo although it's the first time I'd had a tea latte so it was good and I've never had Jasmine Green tea but it sounds wonderful although like my coffee I have to add sugar to any tea which perfectly proportioned with enough sugar ok tea can taste great

7. thaiturkey

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    I used to take sugar in tea but, in cutting down my sugar intake, I cut it out. Nowadays, I don't like to drink sweet tea.

I'm sure you've tried iced tea. I prefer Jasmine tea hot but it also makes a good iced tea.

Sugar in coffee is another matter. If my option is only instant coffee, which is made almost entirely from the inferior tasting robusta beans, then I add sugar to make it palatable. I don't add it to decent coffee.

Also, try an espresso (hot of course) poured over a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

8. bamachicks8

Espresso over vanilla I cream is really good I've done that before

9. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I normally only have one cup in the morning of whatever freshly ground coffee we have a the moment. Right now its a Starbucks medium blend. Around 8 or 9pm I may have a cup of Twinnings English Breakfast tea with a teaspoon of sugar or honey in it. It seems to make me sleep better.

10. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    What are you using to grind? I love my Capresso Conical Burr grinder. Made a real difference!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by