cold eggs below freezing weather

farmerdans

Hatching
5 Years
May 11, 2014
I was wondering if my eggs are getting very cold from the weather, must I refrigerator them or are they still ok to store on countertop.I live in Michigan, they haven't froze or broke yet. Thanks

Eggs don't ever need to be refrigerated. They will last longer if you store them in the fridge but the traditional method of storing them was a basket on the counter and that is still how they are stored in most countries.

thanks, but I read that once you refrig them you have too. Are my eggs getting a natural refrig from the cold weather?

Ditto mortie and hechicken.

As long as your house isn't humid enough to create alot of condensation on the surface of the egg when bringing frigid eggs in from the coop(mine certainly isn't), they should be fine on the counter.

I was wondering if my eggs are getting very cold from the weather, must I refrigerator them or are they still ok to store on countertop.I live in Michigan, they haven't froze or broke yet. Thanks

As long as the bloom is intact (you haven't washed them), and the egg has not cracked from freezing, storing refrigerated is not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom