Cold spot in the Genesis 1588 bator?

k2chickens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
New Castle, Indiana
North of the power supply hole and slightly north of the fan there is a spot in my bator where it reads almost in the 97 range!
hide.gif
It's basically right below the vent hole. I'm using my Brinsea spot check probe thermometer as my source so i'm confident with it. But i will move my probe to the corners and other semi middle parts of the bator and my readings are in the middle 99 range. Granted when i got the bator i changed the dip switch down one step since my first incubation was ran at almost 101 when i first bought it. Just didn't know if you guys experience anything similar with your 1588's. Did the same thing when it was 90 outside and is doing the same thing when it's 19 outside. Its about 69 to 70 degrees in my house right now and i thought about bumping it up to 72 but then i thought it might make the cold spot go away but the rest of my bator too hot? Thought's guys?

Last edited:
I have LG cheapo bators and I have a cold spot that reads 1-2 degrees lower than the rest of the incubator right under then thermostat itself. It is normal and I have never had it cause any problems that way just sometimes the eggs that were under it hatch a little later than they should.

Quote:
Basically was the same thing i was thinking, just kinda thought cold spot's were a think of the past when you stepped up to the best Styrofoam bator out currently.

Did you ever resolve your problem? I have the same exact thing happening to me. I specifically bought the 1588 because I heard forced-air wouldn't have these problems. Mine is 101˚F at the corners and 99˚F just under the reader.

Back
Top Bottom