Cold Weather All Across The Country Tonight

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WVDan, Dec 20, 2008.

1. WVDan

WVDan Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2008
    Keep 'em warm folks, it's gonna be mighty cold for a couple of days.

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    [​IMG]

Here in western WA we're not used to such cold temps!! It hasn't gotten above freezing in days. It's been snowing at my house since about 2:00p, accumulating on top of the snow we already had.

It's slicker than snot out there!

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Anyone in texas can just hit the back button - we don't wanna hear from you [​IMG]

4. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:Floridians BE GONE!

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Floridians BE GONE!

[​IMG] Might as well throw out anyone in Arizona or California as well... no need to stop in here.

6. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    :LOL

Anyone who is not experiencing freezing temps tonight is hereby banned from this thread.

I was talking with my gram today, who lived in Florida. She was telling me about the little lizards running around on her lanai in the sun. <gag me..> While we were talking it started to sun at my house. <...with a pitchfork>

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks &amp; Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hey now! We're in extreme SW Arkansas, just 45 minutes from the Texas line and it's 29 right now. Tomorrow's high is s'pose to be 33 and the low is a freakin 16 degrees! So [​IMG]
    We've already had one ice storm this year and another one is taking shape. I've lived with both and I'll take snow over ice any day!

8. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Oh, gosh, I just feel so guilty about leaving early in the morning for St. Augustine, Florida, leaving behind all these already half-chilled Hoosiers in this big frozen-cornfield wasteland. And that's saying nothing about everyone else in the North. ... PITY!

snicker snicker

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  9. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    It's nasty here in NE Ohio too. We had 4" of snow yesterday morning then rain nearly all day, leaving about 6" of ice on the ground. Temps never broke above 31 degrees. Predicted 11 degrees tonight.

I need iceskates to get to the coop and an ice pick just to get the coop doors open!

The girls still go out to play in the covered run, and I still average 7 eggs daily from 10 pullets, without heat or light in the coop.

They amaze me!

10. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    14 below without wind chill right now. The little heater in the coop is holding at 34. We are expecting 23 below for the low tonight! This has been going on for a week now!! I wish we were getting some snow with it instead of wind. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by