Cold Weather and Soup

NYboy

Songster
10 Years
Nov 12, 2009
White plains
I love soup when the weather gets cold. Last night I went out to diner, there was a pear chestnut soup on the menu. It was out of this world! What is your favrite soup?

Pear chestnut sounds dee-lish!
and like something I'd order instead of try to make...

My all-time fave soup is split pea.
But I also like homemade chicken or beef vegetable soup.
If you have a pressure cooker soup takes minutes not hours.
My PC is a microwave version and only holds about a quart.

Soup is one of the only Good Things about cold weather!

I prefer stew to soup, but my FAVORITE soup would have to be split pea....if I get to choose~~I'll always choose Brunswick Stew.

My chickens, on the other hand, are passionate about chicken noodle soup mixed with rice krispies
ep.gif

Quote:
Buffy, got a link or recipe, pleeeeeeeease?
smile.png

Ranchy! Here's the link. My folks were from Minnesota and my mom always made this special fabulous soup for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now Mom is gone, and I'm the one making the soup for my hubby and I.

(Mom did not appreciate my teenage humor when I referred to it as "Maggot Soup", because that's what it looked like...)

http://www.lundsandbyerlys.com/Recipes/Recipes/W/Wild-Rice-Soup.aspx

Last edited:
Quote:
Buffy, got a link or recipe, pleeeeeeeease?
smile.png

Ranchy! Here's the link. My folks were from Minnesota and my mom always made this special fabulous soup for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now Mom is gone, and I'm the one making the soup for my hubby and I.

(Mom did not appreciate my teenage humor when I referred to it as "Maggot Soup", because that's what it looked like...)

http://www.lundsandbyerlys.com/Recipes/Recipes/W/Wild-Rice-Soup.aspx

Thanks Buff, but I SHOULD have known better than to ask....
th.gif

Recipe looks great, I will try it since I have ham thawed and wild rice in the freezer! Wish I had sherry, but I drank it all from my Waterford crystal thimble.
tongue.png

I made potato and kielbasa soup last night, and that or Southwestern Corn Soup have to be my favorites thus far. Oh, but then again... I really like Tomato or Split Pea.... or Tuscan White Bean.....

NYboy, that Pear-Chestnut Soup sounds heavenly, haven't seen many fresh chestnuts down here that weren't a dollar each.

Back
Top Bottom