I am going to place my order with MyPetChicken today. Half of me wants to say "send them as soon as they are available" and half of me thinks it'd be more prudent to wait longer. The middle ground is to have them delivered mid-late March. I'm in Maine. There are two issues: the weather during delivery, and the weather when they're ready to fo outside. I'm combining orders with another person, so they'll be shipping us 10 chicks WITH a heating pad. They'd be 8 weeks old in about mid-May. It'll likely still be in the 50s at night then (we don't set out tomatoes until the last week of May here). Can I just rig up a heat lamp in a corner of the coop for them (I'll have to section off an area for them anyway)? Would that bother the big girls already out there? What experience do other northerers have ordering chicks early?