Collector of antique (or just old) glass

HenHouse4Life

GrandmaOnDuty
Mar 22, 2016
Mid Michigan
20180927_095112.jpg
Dug up this old poison bottle from our woods. I couldn't believe it was intact... and blue!
Does anyone else share this collecting passion?

That's neat and blue! That's stunning! I dug some poison bottles (and dozens of others) out of my backyard a few months ago. No pics, but the poison bottles said "Not to be taken" where yours say "Poison" It's pretty cool. I don't collect them though, I've been giving them away.

We discovered a 'trash' area in the woods by accident that had been buried YEARS ago. We were digging up small trees to bring up into the yard and just came across it. We found old perfume bottles, china pieces, broken crocks.... but this poison bottle was too good to leave in the dirt!

We discovered a 'trash' area in the woods by accident that had been buried YEARS ago. We were digging up small trees to bring up into the yard and just came across it. We found old perfume bottles, china pieces, broken crocks.... but this poison bottle was too good to leave in the dirt!
Some of those bottles, especially the perfume ones, could be worth a few $$$ Have a look on eBay etc, though that site is flooded with bottles, it can give you an idea of what's worth trying to sell to a collector, unless you want to hang onto them yourself.

Some of those bottles, especially the perfume ones, could be worth a few $$$ Have a look on eBay etc, though that site is flooded with bottles, it can give you an idea of what's worth trying to sell to a collector, unless you want to hang onto them yourself.
Really? And I just thought it was pretty! Will probably hang onto it because our farm has been in the family for a long time.... can just picture great great grandpa so- and- so using that bottle. Tempted to grab a shovel and do some more exploring!

Really? And I just thought it was pretty! Will probably hang onto it because our farm has been in the family for a long time.... can just picture great great grandpa so- and- so using that bottle. Tempted to grab a shovel and do some more exploring!
Go on then! You may find some more cool stuff out there. I couldn't believe the "treasures" I dug out in the back here.

Back
Top Bottom