College football/draft 2008

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by barred rock'er, May 23, 2008.

1. barred rock'er

barred rock'er Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Of all the places to talk about footbal....lol but I'll do it anyway;)....

So who are your favorite college footballl teams???
    And what did you thin of the 08 draft?

I'll start us out...
    My favorite college football team is the Florida Gators, and FYI I was a fan before the won the championship!!!

When it comes to the nfl, I'm a big Packers Fan!!!
    My dad was from Wisconsin and the cheeseheadedness was indoctrinated into me from a very young age.[​IMG]

The draft:

I was really surprised that this years college Champs (LSU)'s QB was drafted in the 7'th round.did this surprise anyone else?
    And he went to Green bay, I really think that gb should have waited til next year and got Tim tebow, But maybe thats just a fantasy of mine lol.
    So now its your turn!!!

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    I went to Syracuse University but I've been a big Michigan Wolverines fan since I was a kid. I won't mention the last bowl game Michigan played in. [​IMG]

My NFL team is the Atlanta Falcons, I'm sorry to admit. I was really embarrased this pass year to even root for them.

The draft I think they should of waited until the 2nd round (they had 2 early 2nd round picks) to get a quarterback. To spend almost 75 million on an unproven quarterback is dumb. So many just don't make it let alone become a star.

3. barred rock'er

barred rock'er Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Oh yeah I remember that bowl game lol,

The Atlanta falcons have been through a lot( Mike vick)

They're a lot like the Titans with Pacman, sooooo glad he's gone.

Anybody else?..... come on!!!!!
    Help keep this post alive:D

Any big "female" football fans?

4. Kramer Farms

Kramer Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Hey Guys

I love all college football. I like a lot of teams, but I'm not a big fan of any. Jus t a huge fan of the game.

As far as the NFL goes I am a Jacksonville Jaguars fan.

I didn't like the jags draft, but I certainly hope it works out for the best.
    I think Matt Ryan has all of the tools to be a star. I watched some of his college games and was really impressed with the way he threw the ball. If Atlanta had a O-line and a reciever he would be great.

Jason

5. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Any big "female" football fans?

Hey yall, I'm more of an NFL fan,but I do love dem Tigers,too. Being from Louisiana & all. [​IMG]
    I'm so proud to be a New Orleans Saints fan. I'm so looking forward to seeing my favorite player, Deuce McAllister back on the field after injury early last season.Another player that caught my eye was Pierre Thomas,a rookie.He's going to be awesome this season,I just know it. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    There's another member on BYC that's a Saints fan,but yall will have to figure it out. [​IMG]
    Miriam​

6. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I am a Wisconsin Badger fan all the way when it comes to college football. Until last fall I lived in Madison Wisconsin my whole life (Well except for the first six months I was alive which was spent in Detroit MI, but I don't count that). I am not a big pro football fan but if I have to watch it I'll root for the Packers. I'm more of a hockey girl (GO RED WINGS!!!!!). But I will root for Badger anything!!!
    Meghan

7. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Let's go Mountaineers!!

I'm also a big fan of the Thundering Herd.

For NFL, I'm a lifetime Redskins fan.

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Yeppers gotta love those WV Mountaineers!!

Plus the Thundering Herd at Marshall!!...

Steeler and Redskins fan!!!....

9. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    I'm a big wisconsin fan I live in Ohio and started liking them when I was around the age of 6 ha never thought a girl would start the family out with liking them badgers lol football is my life and has always been since I was 3

10. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    For nfl it's bengals

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by