College question: What do they mean when they say per credit hour?

greeneggsnham

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Southeast Missouri
I am trying to estimate the money I will need for college and keep reading $xx per credit hour and then the total is something way up there. What does a credit hour entail? I am trying to figure out what my classes will cost for a semester. I'm sorry I am probably asking a stupid question but I really need to know.

Eliza

Songster
11 Years
Jun 16, 2008
Lisbon, CT
each course is either 1, 2, or 3 credits. This means that the price per course is then multiplyed by the credits per course. Credit hours are necessary for accrediation, that's all. Apply for a Pell grant on line. And get your text books from Amazon marketplace or Cheaptext.com good luck!

Last edited:

Alabama ee

Songster
9 Years
Feb 18, 2010
Most classes at a freshman level have 3 hours of credit. So, English 101 would be 3 hours. Some classes , especially ones like Bio 101 that have a lab, are 4.0 hours. To be a full time student, at most colleges here, you would have to take 12 plus hours per semester. Also, once you reach a certain amount of hours, the price with some colleges goes down per hour.

I hope that helps.

Sonoran Silkies

Flock Mistress
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Tempe, Arizona
Generally the number of credit hours is a the number of hours in class per week. A 3 hour class is typically held for 1 hour every MWF or 1.5 hrs every TTh. But sometimes they play with that and you might have a class that meets once a week for 3 hrs (usually some sort of field work or flex schedule) Or it might be held MWTh or MTW or MW or ...

Many science classes are 4 hours, but sometimesthe schedule is a 3 hr lecture and mandatory concurrent enrollment in a 1 hr lab. Different schools do the details differently. Also, some schools have quarters rather than semesters, and they count their credits a bit differently.

Sonoran Silkies

Flock Mistress
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Tempe, Arizona
Don;t forget to figure in fees. Class fees are pretty easy--usually listed in the catalogue with the class description. However there are also various activity fees of one sort and another.

manuelhardin

Hatching
Apr 28, 2020
Fees per credit hours defines that for example a three credit hours class will charge three times the credit hour price. I had to do my homework too calculating that 3 credit hours for a 15-week semester class met for 150–160 minutes per week. Anyway, good luck to you!

Ellis Shah

Hatching
Sep 16, 2020
It is necessary to take a very thorough approach to the formation of credit hours. This will then have a direct impact on your employment and education. Since we were allowed to choose for ourselves, I took the emphasis on the subjects that I need in the future. Minimizing what I consider superfluous in my education.

Jordan Sheppard

Hatching
Sep 22, 2020
I agree that it is necessary to be very careful with the formation of credit hours for study. This will affect your future performance and activity during your studies. If you fail, you can use resources https://edubirdie.com/rate-my-paper to help with your studies. This site helps me with rate my paper. Each course has an individual number of hours that you can change according to your needs.

Amberdanielle

Hatching
Sep 30, 2020
The key idea in studying well is to assemble your sense of direction in your studies. That means you need be constantly aware what are the points you already know and what are the topics still expect you to spend more energy to study. You can use resources smart essay writing divineessay.com for every student out there essay writing assistance.

Top Bottom