Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Easter Egger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

paloma1785

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2018
Havana, Florida
I have a young hen that I acquired from my daughter's school and was told she was an Easter Egger. She is growing steady and well but I am not seeing that thick feathery neck I associate with EEs. I believe she is around 18 weeks.

I was thinking she looks like a Delaware or maybe Columbian Rock?

Attachments

• image_123923953.JPG
    image_123923953.JPG
    454.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image_123986672.JPG
    image_123986672.JPG
    543.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1060.jpeg
    IMG_1060.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1061.jpeg
    IMG_1061.jpeg
    602.6 KB · Views: 17
The photos are not clear enough/close up enough to get a good view of her comb. If she has a single comb, she could be a Colombian Rock or a Delaware. If she has a rose comb, she could be a Colombian Wyandotte. The leg color suggests CW. If she has a pea comb, she is most likely a mixed up EE. EE typically have slate colored legs (though not always) and they may or may not bear the classic EE beard and muff.

I have a young hen that I acquired from my daughter's school and was told she was an Easter Egger. She is growing steady and well but I am not seeing that thick feathery neck I associate with EEs. I believe she is around 18 weeks.

I was thinking she looks like a Delaware or maybe Columbian Rock?
Can't be Wyandotte or Rock, it got barring in the hackle so it ain't columbian. I'm guessing it is a EE and Delaware cross

The photos are not clear enough/close up enough to get a good view of her comb. If she has a single comb, she could be a Colombian Rock or a Delaware. If she has a rose comb, she could be a Colombian Wyandotte. The leg color suggests CW. If she has a pea comb, she is most likely a mixed up EE. EE typically have slate colored legs (though not always) and they may or may not bear the classic EE beard and muff.
Thanks! Camera phone and she is skittish.
There is also the light sussex. Go to a good hatchery web site and look at those breeds mentioned to get a better idea. Can you find out where the school got their hatching eggs?
Thanks! I believe her teacher got her from a woman not far from me that hatches both EEs and Delawares. I may be wrong but that is my suspicion. I will be able to ask him when school starts next week. This teacher keeps a large mixed flock at the school.

I believe its a pea comb too. I'm having my daughter send me a better picture.

Thanks! Camera phone and she is skittish.

Thanks! I believe her teacher got her from a woman not far from me that hatches both EEs and Delawares. I may be wrong but that is my suspicion. I will be able to ask him when school starts next week. This teacher keeps a large mixed flock at the school.

I believe its a pea comb too. I'm having my daughter send me a better picture.
Probably was a cross between a Delaware roo and a white EE hen

Back
Top Bottom