Color and is it possible to tell if Rooster or Hen

Out of 6 hens who are all 6 wks old today this one's comb and Waddle has really blossomed. The other 5 you can barely see. Could this one just be maturing faster? Or is it possible it could be a rooster. I was told they were all pullets and had been sexed but I'm sure mistakes happen. I have been calling her Queeny cause her crown(comb) was much bigger then the rest. May have to change the name. Only time will tell. Hoping to have their coop and run together very soon. I have 3 Rhode Island reds and 3 Buff Orpingtons. I also now have 2 White Leg horns and 2 Black Australops (spelling?) who are on 2 weeks old and in a seperate brooder. Thanks for any advise.

Out of 6 hens who are all 6 wks old today this one's comb and Waddle has really blossomed. The other 5 you can barely see. Could this one just be maturing faster? Or is it possible it could be a rooster. I was told they were all pullets and had been sexed but I'm sure mistakes happen. I have been calling her Queeny cause her crown(comb) was much bigger then the rest. May have to change the name. Only time will tell. Hoping to have their coop and run together very soon. I have 3 Rhode Island reds and 3 Buff Orpingtons. I also now have 2 White Leg horns and 2 Black Australops (spelling?) who are on 2 weeks old and in a seperate brooder. Thanks for any advise.
With that much comb and wattle, it is definitely a rooster. And yes, mistakes can happen with sexing; usually it is only 90-95% accurate.

This is two more of the Chick in question 7 1/2 weeks old a little newer, the others still have no comb and wattle compared to this one, but I can tell anything as far as tail feathers... it does have some distinctive looking feathers on is back near the base of neck that the others don't have. I figure it will crow or lay egg.

Back
Top Bottom