Color / Breed Confirmation for Lavender Splash Ameraucana Roo - Almost 6 months old.

AlpineSpringsRanch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2011
Purchased this roo today off of a really nice lady. He's really nice and I'm excited to put him over my hens for an easter egger project.

He should be purebred Ameraucana and she called his color Lavender Splash.

Your thoughts??

No clue but that bird is GORGEOUS
love.gif

He does have very light feet (I wouldn't call it white but maybe my standards are high :D) If you say his legs are gray/blue then the bottoms are very very light gray with a slight tinge of blue.

I was thrilled to find him for a project because he's splash so I can get blue next generation. Lavender won't matter to me except if I start getting lavender in my F3's I'll know for sure he was Lav :D

He does have very light feet (I wouldn't call it white but maybe my standards are high :D) If you say his legs are gray/blue then the bottoms are very very light gray with a slight tinge of blue.

I was thrilled to find him for a project because he's splash so I can get blue next generation. Lavender won't matter to me except if I start getting lavender in my F3's I'll know for sure he was Lav :D
i have a couple blue EEs from my splash Jersey giant hen and a Black EE rooster, they are a nice dark blue too.
love.gif
Now i have some pure blue JGs in the brooder, had to wait for the rooster (and 2 hens) to grow up.

Back
Top Bottom