Color chart & a few other show ?'s about Silkies please!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ChobeeChickenMommy, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ChobeeChickenMommy

ChobeeChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    Can anyone give me a rough estimated color chart for breeding Silkies? I can't remember who I was talking to via PM the other night but I am trying to just get some ideas for colors on these babies. I have a white silkie roo & I was thinking about getting him a blue, partridge, & maybe even a splash for breeding. I was told by a few people that it was ok to breed him with my 2 white hens that he shares a "father" with but not a "mother" I think... Any other opinions on that? Would I lose SQ in their offspring? I have been doing a lot of research & reading about showing Silkies, but I still think it's best to learn from people's experiences and advice. I am also looking into taking my sons to a couple of shows coming up to also try & meet some people to talk & learn. Plus I am going to a swap October 1st here in Florida as well...

THANK YOU ALL!

2. ChobeeChickenMommy

ChobeeChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    anyone?!

3. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Quote:Well I don't have any silkies or even know much about them 'cept they have a string of genetic ques. a mile long that goes along with learning much about them. But, beings no one is responding to your post any too quickly you might/if not already try posting it over there on the silkie thread there's 731 pages (7310 posts) on them there and you might get a response sooner there, maybe?

Here ya go:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=297632

good
    luck on you quest for silkie knowledge [​IMG]

Jeff

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yeah I'm sorry, I can't help you too much. There's so many Silkie "colors" out there, half of which don't breed true, and so I just kind of stay out of that jumble.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by