Color chart

Derrin

Chirping
Sep 29, 2018
SW Louisiana
Ok this is a little embarrassing to ask for me. I have done birds all my life. Just getting into quail and love it so far but I am still a newbie. On nutrition, health, ect. My wife says I am an expert. But I have raised chickens to cockatiels, parakeets to parrots. So I know a lot about birds, their anatomy, health, diet ect. Anyway to my question and why I am asking it.
Is there a crossbreed chart? A chart that tells me if I put a Pharoah male with Tibetan female I will get this bird. The reason I am asking is I am breeeding; now I am breeeding production birds but may branch out later. But the local high school asked if they could borrow an incubator and some "colorful eggs" to hatch later in the year as an experiment. I have been told if I put a male Pharoah with a female Tibetan i get sex linked birds. Also been told if I mix a&m with Pharoah I will get tuxedo. I am looking for a chart that will point me in the right direction. Is there such a thing?

I don't trust the information source because the person did not have any of those birds. He said he breeds then but all he had were jumbo browns.

Ok this is a little embarrassing to ask for me. I have done birds all my life. Just getting into quail and love it so far but I am still a newbie. On nutrition, health, ect. My wife says I am an expert. But I have raised chickens to cockatiels, parakeets to parrots. So I know a lot about birds, their anatomy, health, diet ect. Anyway to my question and why I am asking it.
Is there a crossbreed chart? A chart that tells me if I put a Pharoah male with Tibetan female I will get this bird. The reason I am asking is I am breeeding; now I am breeeding production birds but may branch out later. But the local high school asked if they could borrow an incubator and some "colorful eggs" to hatch later in the year as an experiment. I have been told if I put a male Pharoah with a female Tibetan i get sex linked birds. Also been told if I mix a&m with Pharoah I will get tuxedo. I am looking for a chart that will point me in the right direction. Is there such a thing?

I don't trust the information source because the person did not have any of those birds. He said he breeds then but all he had were jumbo browns.
Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with quail. I also was not able to find any information that would help to answer your question. And I hope you find the answer you are looking for.

Last edited:
I
I've seen people post a link to a color genetics calculator of some sort, so it's definitely out there. I don't have the link though and don't remember who posted it, but hopefully they'll stop by..
I' ve seen them for chickens but not quail. Hope you can remember DK or as you said, whoever posted it will stop by...I'm interested in see it.

Is this the calculator your are talking about?
I do believe he has quail on his site..
Chicken Calculator - Kippenjunglekippenjungle.nl/kruising.html
Yeah, I know about this one. I have one similar to this one I got off the net but it's for chickens and much more in depth for entering in parameters. I was trying to use for pheasant genetics and it didn't work out so well. Wouldn't allow me to enter the parameters I wanted, just kept defaulting back to the preprograming. I'm not much on programming.

Yeah, I know about this one. I have one similar to this one I got off the net but it's for chickens and much more in depth for entering in parameters. I was trying to use for pheasant genetics and it didn't work out so well. Wouldn't allow me to enter the parameters I wanted, just kept defaulting back to the preprograming. I'm not much on programming.
Have you tried his pheasant calculators?
Golden Pheasant
and
Ring necked Pheasant

Back
Top Bottom