I currently have a small flock of modern game bantams of the following colors;

Birchen (1 Rooster 0 Hens)
Bbred (0 Roosters 1 Hen)
Crele (0 Roosters 1 Hen)
Cuckoo (1 Rooster 1 Hen)
Splash (1 Rooster 0 Hens)
Lemon Blue (1 Rooster 1 Hen)
Black (0 Roosters 2 Hens)

I also have standard moderns, which I have one birchen rooster, and a flock of brown reds. I have created silver blue bantams from Splash bantam/brown red std Hen.

I know the crele to bbreds makes barred chicks, and I breed those back to my bbred hen, to get more crele. I also know the Bl/Blk/Splash Breeding, I am currently doing that, anyway.
What I am really wanting to do is increase my numbers of each variety and keep them pure, I haven't had much time to experiment as I've had them for nearly a year now.

Crossing the birchen and lemon blue could eventually get you more birchens, silver blue (blue birchen), splash birchen, brown red, lemon blue, and splash red. However, you’ll also get some mixed colors like ones that are split for silver/gold, have autosomal red when they shouldn’t, or don’t have enough red.

Crossing the birchen and lemon blue could eventually get you more birchens, silver blue (blue birchen), splash birchen, brown red, lemon blue, and splash red. However, you’ll also get some mixed colors like ones that are split for silver/gold, have autosomal red when they shouldn’t, or don’t have enough red.
Wow, thank you! That helps a lot!

I currently have a small flock of modern game bantams of the following colors;

Birchen (1 Rooster 0 Hens)
Bbred (0 Roosters 1 Hen)
Crele (0 Roosters 1 Hen)
Cuckoo (1 Rooster 1 Hen)
Splash (1 Rooster 0 Hens)
Lemon Blue (1 Rooster 1 Hen)
Black (0 Roosters 2 Hens)

I also have standard moderns, which I have one birchen rooster, and a flock of brown reds. I have created silver blue bantams from Splash bantam/brown red std Hen.

I know the crele to bbreds makes barred chicks, and I breed those back to my bbred hen, to get more crele. I also know the Bl/Blk/Splash Breeding, I am currently doing that, anyway.
What I am really wanting to do is increase my numbers of each variety and keep them pure, I haven't had much time to experiment as I've had them for nearly a year now.
where did you get your modern bantams? I can’t find any trustworthy sellers but they are one of my favourite looking chickens

where did you get your modern bantams? I can’t find any trustworthy sellers but they are one of my favourite looking chickens
I was lucky enough to find a reputable breeder on Facebook, although he never wanted to sell any mgb until last year when I purchased some. I think he had the offer open for a limited time though.

Back
Top Bottom