Color Experts...Ameracuana/EE

justbeach03

Hatching
Nov 3, 2015

Just got 5 of my first babies. Was told they were Ameraucanas...however, I suspect EE. Only the Black (with black beak) and 2nd pic chick have slate colored feet. Any ideas on the adult colors? The black one is being picked on relentlessly by a bully...any suggestions? Will the other grow out of bully stage?

welcome-byc.gif

Omigosh what CUTE chicks! Now, sometimes the names Ameraucana and EE are used interchangeably to denote EE's---did you get these babies from a breeder or hatchery? I'm not sure about their adult colors! EE's have such a wide range of color possibilities. :)
As far as the bully chick goes, if she keeps being mean to the black one, to the point of drawing blood, she may need to be separated. Sometimes little chicks love to peck on each other just out of curiosity's sake.

Thank you, I think they're pretty cute too. I got them from a breeder who said Ameraucana...however, he also has Dom, Barred, Orps. So I'm thinking there might be a little mixing going on. The others have chimpunk markings and eyeliner. Only 2 have slate legs and only the black has a dark beak. I did have to separate the bully for the day. They seem to be getting along...supervised visitation. :)

Thank you, I think they're pretty cute too. I got them from a breeder who said Ameraucana...however, he also has Dom, Barred, Orps. So I'm thinking there might be a little mixing going on. The others have chimpunk markings and eyeliner. Only 2 have slate legs and only the black has a dark beak. I did have to separate the bully for the day. They seem to be getting along...supervised visitation. :)
I would agree, some may be half breeds, especially with the black chick--probably had a dominique or barred rock mother and is a sex link. The gold/brown colored one may have had an orpington mother/father. I love the chick in the 2nd from the top pic--that cute fluffy, "muffy" face!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom