Color Genetics - Muscovey

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Kelebek, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Kelebek

Kelebek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2009
    Orange Grove, TX
    Is there a place that I can look at probability of color genetics of offspring on Muscovey? I have a lady that wants my Chocolate Pied Drake and wanted to know what the likelyhood would be for chocolate hatchlings if he mates her black pied or silver?

I was also curious on color combos for my flock so I know how to better "pair" the breedings.

Thank you

2. rollyard

rollyard Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Yes, you could try this link http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator Scroll down the page until you come the picture of a blue Muscovy & click on the "Muscovy Duck Calculator " It should help

Mating the pied chocolate drake to the black pied should produce all chocolate female progeny while the drakelets will be black but carry recessive sex-linked choc hidden (other hidden recessives could alter colour/pattern outcomes though). I would think that the majority of ducklings would be pied patterned but this could depend on how the choc & black pieds are made?

Mating the choc pied drake to the silver should produce all blue male progeny & all blue fawn female progeny. Again, producing pied patterned progeny will depend on how the choc drake is made that way, & other hidden recessives could alter colour/pattern outcomes also.

Cheers

3. Kelebek

Kelebek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2009
    Orange Grove, TX
    Thank you so much - that is awesome (once I figure out how the heck to use it!)

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

5. sakib123

sakib123 New Egg

Oct 16, 2010
    i have also taken a look
    good one

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by