Color of Americauna Rooster

Ms~Silkie~Girl

Songster
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
New York STATE
I am trying to register for showing and i dont know what color my rooster is. Thanks!

VVV Andre VVV

22569_imag5173.jpg

22569_andre_again.jpg

Just to let you know, your boy is an Easter Egger. Even though I love EEs and many other people do, some people are slightly aggressive when you miss call an EE an Ameraucana.He is gorgeous, but I thought I would tell you before an Ameraucana breeder got on here..

Last edited:
Correct he would be DQ if you enter him as an Ameraucana-he's not one. EE's don't have any standard color names since they are not a pure breed

They dont have a registry for EE's so i dont know what to do know? Because lots of people told me he was an Ameraucana, how can u tell the difference?? Thanks

Ms~Silkie~Girl :

They dont have a registry for EE's so i dont know what to do know? Because lots of people told me he was an Ameraucana, how can u tell the difference?? Thanks

He is defently and EE so you won't be able to show him. Many people don't know the difference because the hatcheries mislabel their EE's as Ameraucana. Here is how you tell the difference https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=128806

Most people do think EEs are Ameracaunas or Aracaunas, I have stopped correcting people. The reason for this is because hatcheries tell people they are Aracaunas. You can tell because of his type, color and size.

There are many differences between the 2 but for a new chicken owner that have never seen a true Ameraucana it's hard to tell the difference.
Here is the web site to the Ameraucana club www.ameraucana.org/ there is a list of requirements as well as pictures of what the breed standard chickens look like.We have both EE's and true Ameraucana's and love them both..the EE's because they have no breed standard come in many pretty color patterns that the Ameraucana's don't come in and you can have some fun with them-especially if you have kids that like different..like a top hat naked neck frizzle that lays green eggs
hide.gif

I

I love EE's. But the feedstore sell them and mislable them. I try to correct them, but I just get a look like I am insane. I even corrected he feedstore saying you mean Easter egger ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom