color of cochin legs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pokey, Aug 19, 2008.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    ok, i bought two frizzled cochins off eggbid.well 1 has yellow legs and one green legs. how bad is that? aren't they suppose to have yellow legs? she looks full cochin, but now i am upset that she is crossed are not to standard. i hope some of you cochin breeders have something incouraging to tell me.[​IMG]

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Are they white? White Cochins should have yellow legs.
    I know what you mean about the eggs though. I bought Golden Phoenix eggs and they are actually BBR's plus the only one that survived I think is a Bantam [​IMG]
    He's pretty and sweet just not what I thought I paid for.[​IMG]

3. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    one is splash, she has yellow legs. the one that is white has green legs.[​IMG]

4. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I think my Splashes legs are light, thats bad that I don't know, I'm a bad Chicken Mama. I just at some pics and yeah my splashes legs are light.

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I'm sitting here with my white cochin baby in my lap while I type and her legs are very yellow!

6. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    if i breed her would this trait carry over? aqll of my other birds have correct leg color and i would be using a friends roo that has yellow legs.

7. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    How old are they? I am not great on genetics but the reason I ask is going back to my Phoenix, his legs should be dark, they looked sort of greenish until this last week, they are starting to turn darker.
    Maybe it's an age thing, they will change, hopefully lighter as she gets older?

8. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I have cochin's. My buff bantams have light colored legs and my black and blue have darker legs. My chicks are pure they came from Stormburgs. I hope that helps your feelings a little.

9. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    they are 3 months old

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by