color of this silkie? (sonoran!) more pics!**

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by joe17, Jul 22, 2010.

1. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    This chick is from Amy Peihl and came from just a black X black pen. Its about 2 or 3 weeks old right now. What color do you think it will be?

~~~****Pictures on PAGE 2!****~~~

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Looks like just a black silkie with gold leakage. Im just starting with the b/b/s, so im interested to see what others say. [​IMG]

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Do you have a photo of the whole body that is in focus? All I can see is a glob of multi-coloured feathers [​IMG]

4. joe17

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Sorry the pic is blurry and bad! BYC doesnt let me upload them all for some reason. Im going take better pics. Sorry! Ohh and usually the black gets gold leakage at 4-6 months of age. It seems like its feathering out all brown.

5. joe17

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Here is one more pic. I took about a dozen and BYC doesnt let me upload it for some reason! ughhhh When I finish uploading it, it shows it uploaded a picture I already uploaded a long time ago. Its confusing. It only lets me upload the first picture I took. Anyways, I just looked at the chicks face and its turning brown too! Weird!

[​IMG]

6. joe17

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Sorry the first pic is blurry. I now sometime black gets gold leackage but doesnt that only happen at 4-6 months of age? This chicks is just a couple weeks old! Im still trying to upload ALL the photos. This is aggravating!

7. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    if your camara is numbering the pics or your photo program is,,BYC will only upload one of each number,,you have to rename the photos before trying to upload ..maybe ask Amy about the coloring,,sense they are her birds,and she is always very helpful.

8. joe17

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    I did ask her first. She said that never happend before. Thanks for the pic info I will try it!

9. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    Quote:well if she doesnt know I would say let it grow and see what happens,,Amy is my go to person with silkie questions..

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Yep, I have chicks growing out from Amy and no leakage on any of them so far!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by