color possibilities??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by heathersboers, Dec 10, 2010.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    My Golden lace wyandotte rooster had been busy- i have a batch in the bator-hopefully will hatch the 14th- With him breeding my cornish X hens, 2 gold comets, another gold laced wyandotte pullet, and a buff orp- what color combos could i have- How will I know the gold laced wyandotte chicks if I see em?

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The Gold Laced Wyandotte chicks will look as yours did - a rose comb (flat, broad) with a brown marbled down color.

The Cornish X / Wyandottes will be pale in color, almost white, with some markings here and there when they're chicks. As they grow up they should be mostly white. They'll also be fast growers.

The Buff Orp / Wyandotte crosses will have pink legs, not yellow, and will grow up to mostly be reddish orange in color with some black flecking here and there.

The Sex Link / Wyandotte crosses will look much like the Cornish X crosses, but with more color, and single combs. They'll grow at a normal rate, too.

3. oldtimeway

oldtimeway Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2010
    midwest
    Please report back if this all holds true.

4. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Well so far I have 2 blacks, 2 yellow chicks-will prolly be white and one brown with dark stripes on the back- ill post some pics tomorrow- still have about 15 to go! yay!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by