COLOR

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by thedeacon, Dec 12, 2008.

1. thedeacon

thedeacon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Midwest
    I will be adding a few poulets this spring. I want lots of color. McMurry states we can purchase just one of each kind as long as the minimum order is 25. What are your most colorful poulets. They free range during the day and color added to the green grass background will be rewarding.

2. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    I went for color, as well. I have a silver and a gold laced wyandotte, a barred and a white Plymouth rock, a buff orpinton, and a production red. I was given 3 black australorps. I really enjoy the color, whether they are in the coop or in the yard.

I am looking to add 3 EEs, 1 or 2 welsummers, and/or 1 or 2 leghorns to vary the color of my eggs.

3. Ron

Ron Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Southeast Texas
    #1 Light brahmas
    #2 Buff orpingtons
    #3 Wyandottes
    #4 Barred rocks

4. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    color, and pretty good layers... i'd go with Egyptian fayoumis (medium sized egg.. white, their a little wild but if you handle them they calm down pretty well, or mine did. AND they mature EARLY) any game chickens (Silver duckwings. goldens, Spangles are my favorites.. if into american games or something try looking up "pumpkins". As for good laying breeds with color Wyandottes, Sussex, and maybe EEs... barred rocks.. there aren't many unless you want some solid, Then Buff orpingtons, Rhode island red (i prefer New hampshires honestly for looks), and maybe try looking into sexlinks

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by