1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Colorado breeders or hatcheries??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Dolly1218, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Dolly1218

Dolly1218 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2012
    Colorado
    Hello everyone! I was wandering if anyone knew of a breeder or hatchery in Colorado for Silkies, Cochins, Salmon Faverolles, or EE? I would prefer to either pick up my baby chicks or pay less of a shipping fee. I was planning to go through Meyer Hatchery but the shipping fee to CO is $44! Any suggestions would be such a wonderful help!!

2. Kannah43

Kannah43 New Egg

Jan 18, 2012
    Where are you in Colorado? I am in Western Colorado and put in an order to Meyer to arrive in April. I could change it to add yours and we could share the shipping. Or maybe someone else in your area would like to share an order. The shipping is only $18 if you get 25-26. Maybe post in the Colorado thread to find somebody?

3. Dolly1218

Dolly1218 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2012
    Colorado

I live in Co Springs. What city are you in? I would love to share shipping and add my chickies to the order. Id only be able to get about 8 chicks though.

4. Kannah43

Kannah43 New Egg

Jan 18, 2012
    Well I live near Grand Junction so I doubt that would be too lucrative.............
    But, like I said, maybe there is somebody on here from your area you could get together with to do that. Good Luck!

5. tjandkids

tjandkids New Egg

Jun 21, 2013
    at murdochs in grand junction is you wait till they are almost done selling them they do buy one for 4$ and get 4 free[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by