Colorado here - anyone else?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by geoaware, Dec 3, 2007.

1. geoaware

geoaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Hi

We are newbies to the chicken world and have just three hens and a rooster in Weld County Colorado (about 45 mins north of Denver).

Gary and Jen

2. Bandobrown

Bandobrown Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2007
    Littleton, CO
    Hi! I haven't been on this website for ages, I'm surprised no one answered you yet; there are some CO people. I'm in the Denver area. I have only 5 chickens left; a friend's dog came to visit.[​IMG]

Welcome.

Andrea

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Longmont here. There's a whole thread on Colorado people that was going on a few weeks ago.

4. Bandobrown

Apr 27, 2007
    Littleton, CO
    Yeah, I read a lot of it.

I'm going to have to buy some chicks soon. I was thinking about doing it online, but my favorite store (Murdocks on Sante Fe) will have them in a couple of months. Anyway I got some good ideas.

Gary and Jen (correct?) probably gave up.

Andrea

5. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I've got mine ordered already. I bring in 50 at a time and brood them for people and sell them for $8 at 7 weeks old. They will be here in about 2 weeks. I like to get a jump on the feed stores.

Do you know of anybody who has laying hens for sale, Under a year old? I can't keep up with the egg demand so I need to add more hens. At least until the babies get older.

6. Bandobrown

Apr 27, 2007
    Littleton, CO
    Man I just got knocked off the site.

I see some for sale sometimes--can't think of where. Goodcitybyelife or something like that had some.

You're way outside my league, I'll be getting 10 or so. We've got 10 acres, but are still pretty much 'backyard' keepers.[​IMG]

7. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Oh, I don't keep them, I just sell them. I have 13 of my own, but I did just build a breeder coop and I'll have a few more in there.

8. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    Yes, here in CO, central CO, 1 1/2 hours south of Copper Mtn. I have 50 hens and 4 roos. My pullets from last summer have laid all through the winter. I'm looking to buy eggs and hatch some in April, if the snow ever goes away. Man, what a winter this has been! Cold and blowing, even't seen 40 degrees since the first part of December.

9. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Hi Gary and Jen! Welcome! I'm SE of the metro area out in Elbert County.

Hang around here and you'll get lots of great help with any questions and even more great laughs.

There are a bunch of CO people here, they're just busy moping this weekend because the Broncos aren't in the Super Bowl.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  10. Littlecimarron18

Littlecimarron18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Colorado
    im from thewestern slope! montrose to be exact. = ) nice to see more co. people

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by