Colored (freedom) rangers available NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by SandraMort, Aug 5, 2008.

1. SandraMort

SandraMort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    I ordered my colored (freedom) rangers earlier today. Joel hopefully asked me if he could send them tomorrow but I will be unable to get them until September. I asked why and he said that he had a cancellation on an order for 400 (!!!!!!) chicks available for shipment tomorrow. I said I was sorry that I couldn't help him but would be sure to post here to let people know.

That's www.jmhatchery.com in case you need it. The prices, at least to my inexperienced eye, seem reasonable. The owner (I assume?) was incredibly helpful and took the time to answer MANY of my questions. I look forward to ordering from him again!

2. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Joel does a great job and has a great product.

I'm taking in a batch of 50 Red-Bro's tomorrow to the big freezer in teh sky.

3. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I would order some if I could.

4. Dennis1979

Dennis1979 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Quote:Greyfields,

I can't remember if this is your first batch of Red Bro's or if you have grown them before but after you take them to "the big freezer in the sky" can you give us some feedback on your results, i.e. live weight, dress weight, food usage etc.?

We have discussed before the differences between raising the Red Bro's and the Cornish Cross, and I have lots of data on how they should turn out, but I'm real interested to know your real world results.

Thanks,
    Dennis

Edit: Oops, I just realized I turned this post in a different direction, sorry, I should have started a new thread. Please continue with the original thought.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  5. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    i just talked to joel and he said he found a buyer for the 400 and is shipping them out right now. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by