Colorful Crosses

Buckguy20

OKIE MOSES
13 Years
Apr 13, 2007
Choctaw Oklahoma
What kind of colorful crosses have you guys been able to create?
I crossed my Blue Andalusian Rooster with several different breeds and they are really starting to show off some color. I also crossed a Gold Campine roo with Buff Orpington Hens. I basically got a Buff with black barring on the back, wings and tail. Kind of a larger version of a Campine but with more buff.
The blue crosses come in quite an array. I don't have a camera or I'd post some pix.
What interesting crosses do you have?

Hiro is a 12 week old Silkie/Phoenix X. he's really starting to show a lot of color. Yellows, reds, greens, silvers and black. His comb is also interesting because it's walnut, like a Silkies, but is light shades of blue and red. His feet are also Silkie, his legs are feathered and he even has a crest and beard. The pics really don't do him justice. He's almost as colorful as my DH's tie-dyed shirt...lol.

100_2790.jpg

100_2789.jpg

100_2785.jpg

WOW Angie, he is Gorgeous!! Don't you just love the little cockerels? I think they are so adorable!

Here are my most colorful crosses from this year:

7-12-07009.jpg

8-17-07003.jpg

8-1-07045.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out their parentage. I think their mother is my Buff Orp/Barred Rock hen. The father is probably my EE rooster who is a mix himself.

Here is the probable mom of the chicks:

winter027.jpg

Here's a Buff Orp/Black Giant hen. She is quite hefty!

spring06033.jpg

All of my other mixes are solid colored with the only clue to their mixed heritage being different colored legs or the wrong comb type. Here's an example:

6-16-07016.jpg

Looks like two little Buff Orp chicks right? Nope, yellow legs! They are Buff Orp/Golden Comet mixes. Cute though!

pawtraitart,

I don't have any pics, I saw some hens from a BO rooster & a GLW hen cross.
They were the prettiest hens I think I've ever seen. I don't know what the roosters looked like. The hens were the BO color only a little darker, with laced feathers around the neck & tail feathers.
Very large hens.

I haven't found any good quality GLW hens yet, so I haven't been able to try this cross myself.

Jean

As I said in the first post, I crossed Buff Orpingtons with Gold Campines this year. Basically what I got was a barred Buff Orpington. Has anyone crossed these before? Mine are still young so I can't wait to see them in their final feathers. Also how big they will be. These are buff underneath with a buff head, neck and shoulders. The back, wings and tail are barred like a gold Campine except the barring is not as tight.
Monty

I bred a white silkie male to a black cochin female they are the black ones and a buckeye female to a white silkie male they are the white and black ones and the red ones are a Buckeye male to a white silkie female mix
yippiechickie.gif

DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0634.jpg

I have some red jungle fowl. It is claimed that these are the basis for all the other breeds of chickens and I can easily believe it. I had a bantam (can't remember the breed) and also some polish that got mixed up with them before I had pens to keep them separate. The results were many very interesting varieties. Colorwise and crest wise. I'd love to try them with some of the more colorful larger breeds just to see what would happen.

Back
Top Bottom