Colorful Egg Basket Layers! 12+ Ultimate Assorted Hatching Eggs!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Muggsmagee, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    [​IMG] Get a head start on your layers...Spring is just around the corner. This auction is the equivalent of a "sample platter" for colorful egg layers and fun chickens to raise. I will be collecting eggs this weekend for Monday January 10th shipping. (Lower 48 States only.) There will be 12 eggs, plus extra if available. (There will likely be lots of extras!) I am offering BCM's, Buff Ameraucanas, Split Lavender Ameraucanas, White Orpingtons, White Silkie/Showgirls, first generation OE's, and first generation EE's. My breeders have started laying again and my incubators are chuckablock full! This is a great batch of quality breeds! All of these birds are Large Fowl with the exception of the Showgirl/Silkies. I will clearly write the breed type on each egg. The eggs in my avatar picture are all from my layers.

This pic was taken this summer when the flock was small. I can't wait for the green grass again! C'mon spring time!
    [​IMG]

The pure breeds are as follows:

Blue Copper Marans Roo over Blue Copper and Black Copper Marans Hens. These birds are from Whitmore Farm. (In the picture are also Lav and Black Ameraucanas.)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lavender Ameraucana Roo over 2 Black Ameraucana Hens. John W. Blehm.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    White Orpington Roo over White Orpington Hen. I bought them from Sonew who bought them from Hinkjc.
    [​IMG]
    Buff Ameraucana Roo over Buff Ameraucana Hen. John W. Blehm.
    [​IMG]
    White Bearded Silkie Roo and White Showgirl Roo over White Silkie Hens. Gretchen Bare and Rudy Brouillette.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Olive Eggers are as follows:

Blue Copper Marans Roo over Lavender Ameraucana Hen and Black Ameraucana Hen. Whitmore Farm and John W. Blehm.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lavender Ameraucana Roo over Welsummer Hen. Harry Shaffer and Whitmore Farm.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Easter Eggers are as follows:

Buff Ameraucana Roo over New Hampshires Hens and Buff Ameraucana Roo over Buff Orpington Hens (some of my favorite hens! In the picture is one Buff Ameraucana Hen). John Blehm and Rudy Brouillette.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Black Ameraucana Roos over Black Langshan/Black Jersey Giant/Black Australorp Hens. John W. Blehm and McMurray.
    [​IMG]

You will likely recieve at least one of each pure breed egg. We will reserve the right to substitute another pure breed if any of the layers cease laying, however we will try and contact you first. I will gladly take orders for future dates. I currently have a waiting list on my pure Lavender Ameraucanas.

Buying hatching eggs through the mail is risky. We can only guarantee that these will arrive in a timely manner. I will take extra care when packaging these eggs so they arrive to you safely. I want them all to have a chance at life! Once they enter the postal system, they are no longer in my control and I will not be held responsible for them. I will be glad to insure your package at an additional $2. As soon as the auction closes you can pay me through paypal. My paypal address is [email protected]. I will also provide you with a tracking number so you can track your eggs.

All pictures are of my own birds and eggs. I didn't wait for the "perfect" photo from my chickens or stage them...most of these were taken today and they are doing "what they do" enclosed in their winter coops. I tried to get them "huddled" together, so you could see them in a bunch...it was like herding cats.

I have been testing for fertility and every egg in my incubators are going strong! Our first hatch this year is due in just a few days. This tray holds our first layers of the season, the White Orps, White Silkie/Showgirls, split lav Ameraucanas, BCMs, OE's, and Black EE's.

Feel free to PM or email me with any questions, or just post below. I will be sure to check back in. [​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] my snuggle bugs!!! [​IMG] looking good:) Great auction Muggs [​IMG]

3. Deanner03

Deanner03 The Cake Queen

What a fantastic idea for an auction. A beautiful egg basket all in one purchase. If only my bators weren't full to the brim (4 of them [​IMG])

4. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    too bad I already have eggs coming that week or I'd definitely bid on these! I am so lucky my incubator is small. Hahahha [​IMG]. Great pics!

5. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    nice!!!

6. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:4 incubators? You are ambitious!! [​IMG]

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:4 incubators? You are ambitious!! [​IMG]

she's a freak is all!! [​IMG] her hubby just filled them for her!!!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  8. Willowsong69

Willowsong69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Oooh Muggs. This is VERY tempting. I have 2 broody hens right now...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  9. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    You have broodies too? No fair Willow! My girls don't understand I have a different time table than they do! [​IMG]

10. luvanimals2

luvanimals2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Hi, Will you refrain from shipping certain breeds if asked to do so? You have a couple of breeds that I would not not to have right now.

Thanks,

Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by