Colorful Egg Layers! 12+ Assorted Hatching Eggs!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Muggsmagee, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    [​IMG] Spring is around the corner. Get a head start on your layers! This auction is the equivalent of a "sample platter" for colorful egg layers and fun chickens to raise. I will be collecting eggs this weekend for Tuesday, January 18th shipment. There will be 12 eggs, plus extra if available. (There will likely be lots of extras!) I am offering BCM's, Buff Ameraucanas, Lavender and Split Lavender Ameraucanas, White Orpingtons, first generation OE's, and first generation EE's. My breeders have started laying again and my incubators are chuckablock full! This is a great batch of quality breeds! All of these birds are Large Fowl. I will clearly write the breed type on each egg. The eggs in my avatar picture are all from my layers.

This pic was taken this summer when the flock was small. I can't wait for the green grass again! C'mon spring time!
    [​IMG]

The pure breeds are as follows:

Blue Copper Marans Roo over Blue Copper and Black Copper Marans Hens. These birds are from Whitmore Farm. (In the picture are also Lav and Black Ameraucanas.)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lavender Ameraucana Roo over 2 Black Ameraucana Hens. John W. Blehm. (My Black Ameraucana hens are now in my Lav Am Pen...you will get pure lav and split lav).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

White Orpington Roo over White Orpington Hen. I bought them from Sonew who bought them from Hinkjc.
    [​IMG]

Buff Ameraucana Roo over Buff Ameraucana Hen. John W. Blehm.
    [​IMG]

The Olive Eggers are as follows:

Blue Copper Marans Roo over Lavender Ameraucana Hen and Black Ameraucana Hen. Whitmore Farm and John W. Blehm.
    [​IMG]

Lavender Ameraucana Roo over Welsummer Hen. Harry Shaffer and Whitmore Farm.
    [​IMG]

The Easter Eggers are as follows:

Buff Ameraucana Roo over New Hampshires Hens and Buff Ameraucana Roo over Buff Orpington Hens (some of my favorite hens! In the picture is one Buff Ameraucana Hen). John Blehm and Rudy Brouillette.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Black Ameraucana Roos over Black Langshan/Black Jersey Giant/Black Australorp Hens. John W. Blehm and McMurray.
    [​IMG]

You will likely recieve at least one of each pure breed egg. We will reserve the right to substitute another pure breed if any of the layers cease laying, however we will try and contact you first. I will gladly take orders for future dates.

Buying hatching eggs through the mail is risky. We can only guarantee that these will arrive in a timely manner. I will take extra care when packaging these eggs so they arrive to you safely. I want them all to have a chance at life! Once they enter the postal system, they are no longer in my control and I will not be held responsible for them. I will be glad to insure your package at an additional $2. As soon as the auction closes you can pay me through paypal. My paypal address is [email protected]. I will also provide you with a tracking number so you can track your eggs.

All pictures are of my own birds and eggs. I didn't wait for the "perfect" photo from my chickens or stage them...most of these were taken last week and they are doing what they do enclosed in their winter coops. I tried to get them huddled together, so you could see them in a bunch...it was like herding cats.

I have been testing for fertility and every egg in my incubators are going strong! More will be going into lockdown tomorrow. Feel free to PM or email me with any questions, or just post below. I will be sure to check back in. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    GORGEOUS BIRDS!

LOL... "when the flock was small"!!!!

[​IMG]

3. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Thank you! [​IMG]

4. JAHVREM

JAHVREM Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2009
    love the lavenders. very pretty birds!!

5. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    good grief i keep looking at your auctions thinking "where were they 3 weeks ago?" [​IMG] I cannot do a staggered hatch unfortunately.....I promised..............I'd be a good chicky momma and do only 1 big one. [​IMG]
    Well....spring and summer are LONG right???? And I have short memory when it comes to promises. [​IMG]

6. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:PM'd you mags!

7. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I hope you offer this often or at least at a later date. My bator is full now. [​IMG] All of your birds are just beautiful!

8. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Thank you Daisy. I have a few available dates in February. PM me if interested.

9. There a chick...

There a chick... Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    West Michigan
    Do you make waiting lists? If so I would be interested in BCM's, Buff Ameraucanas, Lavender and Split Lavender Ameraucanas.

Thanks! [​IMG]

10. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    There a chick... :

Do you make waiting lists? If so I would be interested in BCM's, Buff Ameraucanas, Lavender and Split Lavender Ameraucanas.

Thanks! [​IMG]

I'll PM you.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by