Colorful Pheasant

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by reallemons1, Aug 4, 2008.

1. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Just to share, this is my male Red Golden Pheasant. He is 1 1/2 years old and just got his beautiful colors.
    [​IMG]
    Here he is with my young Ringneck. He doesn't have his green head yet.
    [​IMG]

Any others out there?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    [​IMG] Wow, now that is beautiful. [​IMG]

3. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Beautiful!

4. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Thanks, I've wanted Goldens pheasants a long time. I love watching them. He is quite timid though and hard to get a good picture of. The pair hatched 6 chicks this spring and all are doing well.

5. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    He's beautiful! I thought it was neat how it looks like he has a bright blond ponytail in the second picture..

-Kim

6. GPN

GPN Got Pheasants? Nessia

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    [​IMG] Learning to LOVE Golden Pheasants!!! Question to those who know will Goldens mate with Ringnecks? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These are my Goldens That I have left gonna swap the other one soon. These pictures are month old because my camera is broke now when they are getting their pretty colors. Any one in 'Bama have goldens for sell Cheap?

7. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Wow! I thought at first glance it was a fake bird! I've never seen one like that, and it was amazing! thanks for sharing.

8. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    I love mine, but boy are they fast!

9. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Beautiful Birds [​IMG]

10. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    I had 3 types of golden so far, but am without any at the moment, I do miss them......... I do have a amherst male right now, he is just molting so he looks like someone went crazy with a lawn mower or something.
    Here are some pics of my golds that I had, sadly I lost all my pics of my first male(a red), but I do have a few pictures of my redXdark throated male:
    Here is a whole body shot, sorry the pic is so small, but I seem to have lost the original size picture......
    [​IMG]
    Showing off:
    [​IMG]
    Profile:
    [​IMG]

and my yellow male(who died at the age of 10 yrs this spring), he was the cockiest golden that I have ever owned, totally full of himself:
    [​IMG]

and finally my original chinese ringneck male, who sadly passed after getting in a scrap with my white royal tom..... luckily the only chick I hatched this year out of him is a male and already shows the calm relaxed attitude from his father.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by