coloring pictures to make a preschool chicken book

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by opihiman911, Dec 14, 2007.

1. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    My daughter's preschool teacher heard about the baby chicks that we hatched. She asked if I could bring the babies and maybe a hen to school one day. I told her no problems.
    She said she will have a farm animal day and will talk about cows, horses, pigs and chickens. Maybe get someone to bring over a horse or mule.
    I was wondering if anyone out there has an online source for coloring book chicken pictures. Something I can put together to show eggs, chicks hatching from egg, hen, rooster, cooking eggs, making bread, a roasted dinner chicken maybe??? as a little storybook.
    I got a couple days to put it together, and everyone out there is such a wealth of chicken knowledge. Help me show chickens in a positive light to preschool and kindergardeners.

Thanks for the help,
    Cory

2. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry I can't help w/ the coloring book gig, but wanted to say it's cool that you're taking chickens to the schools.

Kids are so so so much closer to nature than adults. Show a kid a chicken, she'll want to hold it. Even if ya can't find the perfect coloring, the birds will be a big hit.

Can you take some pix and let us know how it turned out?

Good luck!

3. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    thanks poison ivy, that is exactly what I was looking for.
    If it comes out okay I'll post some pics of the.

Aloha,
    Cory

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Your welcome those are the sites I use when my daughter is looking for colorbook pages.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by