coloring pictures to make a preschool chicken book

opihiman911

Songster
14 Years
Mar 19, 2007
My daughter's preschool teacher heard about the baby chicks that we hatched. She asked if I could bring the babies and maybe a hen to school one day. I told her no problems.
She said she will have a farm animal day and will talk about cows, horses, pigs and chickens. Maybe get someone to bring over a horse or mule.
I was wondering if anyone out there has an online source for coloring book chicken pictures. Something I can put together to show eggs, chicks hatching from egg, hen, rooster, cooking eggs, making bread, a roasted dinner chicken maybe??? as a little storybook.
I got a couple days to put it together, and everyone out there is such a wealth of chicken knowledge. Help me show chickens in a positive light to preschool and kindergardeners.

Thanks for the help,
Cory

Sorry I can't help w/ the coloring book gig, but wanted to say it's cool that you're taking chickens to the schools.

Kids are so so so much closer to nature than adults. Show a kid a chicken, she'll want to hold it. Even if ya can't find the perfect coloring, the birds will be a big hit.

Can you take some pix and let us know how it turned out?

Good luck!

thanks poison ivy, that is exactly what I was looking for.
If it comes out okay I'll post some pics of the.

Aloha,
Cory

Back
Top Bottom